WELCOME TO THE ASEAN SOCIAL SECURITY ASSOCIATION (ASSA) WEBSITE
Social security has far-reaching implications in our lives. These implications are augmented by the socio-economic forces which are constantly reshaping our environment. Faced with a situation of increasing life expectancy and rising population growth, the need for social security planning has become more crucial than before. In light of these developments, the ASEAN Social Security Association (ASSA) was formed to provide a forum for member institutions to exchange views and experiences on social security issues. Its members comprise the Social Security Institutions of ASEAN countries namely, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. As a non-government organization, ASSA seeks to promote the development of social security in the region in consonance with the aspirations, laws and regulations of the member countries.
The objectives of ASSA are:
- To promote the development of social security in the region in consonance with the aspirations, laws and regulations of the member countries;
- To promote regional co-operation in all areas of social security activities;
- To exchange experiences and information on social security;
- To work in co-operation with other social security institutions in the region and in East Asia, and with similar or related organisations of social security in any part of the world; and
- To co-operate in the defence, promotion and development of social security schemes through training, seminars, consultations and dialogues, among others.
THE LOGO CONCEPT
- ASSA is the abbreviation of ASEAN SOCIAL SECURITY ASSOCIATION.
- The cross alphabet 3 A(ASEAN) represents traditional relationship and also represents development from agricultural society to industrial society and the move into globalization era
- The frame lines represent two embracing arms supporting member institutions independently without any concern on political matter
- The colours: Gold symbolises prosperity of ASEAN countries; Light blue represents stability, freedom and peace; and Dark blue represents stability and strength.